There are several things that will need to be done in preparation for your dental implant surgery. Some of these things will be done during your initial visits to the Columbus, Ohio office of Dr. Michael Firouzian. These preparations include:
- I-Cat or 3 dimensional imagery, X-rays and hands-on evaluations of your jaw to ensure proper bone density
- Bone grafting if your jawbone lacks sufficient density to support an implant
- A thorough evaluation of your medical history
- A thorough examination of your teeth and gums
- A detailed explanation of what you can expect during and after your implant placement
These things will be handled by implant dentist Dr. Firouzian and the experienced staff at the Center for Family and Cosmetic Dentistry. During these initial appointments, we will also be happy to answer any
questions about dental implants that you may have.
Your Preparation for Dental Implant Surgery
In addition to the preparations made at our office, you will have certain responsibilities prior to dental implant placement. Taking time to carefully follow these instructions will help ensure a smooth procedure and comfortable recovery.
What you will need to do prior to implant surgery includes:
- Quit smoking at least a month prior to surgery
- Avoid alcohol consumption in the week prior to surgery
- Do not eat or drink for at least six hours prior to surgery
- Wear comfortable clothes to your procedure
- Arrange a ride home, if patient has been on sedation
- Arrange for assistance from a responsible adult for the first few hours following your surgery
Taking these steps and following all of Dr. Firouzian’s post-surgical advice will help ensure your implant placement is successful and comfortable. Dr. Firouzian will discuss all of these preparations with you prior to your implant placement.
If you are missing one or more teeth and live in the areas of Columbus, Dublin, or New Albany, Ohio, please contact the Center for Family and Cosmetic Dentistry to schedule a dental implant consultation with Dr. Firouzian today.